SOURCE CELEBRATES 10 YEARS WITH LIBBEY
LIBBEY HONORS SOURCE INTERNATIONAL WITH DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
Libbey (LBY) the No. 1 glassware company in the Americas and one of the largest tableware suppliers in the world honored Source International with their Distinguished Service Award on February 11, 2018 in Xiamen, China. Mike Bunge, Director of Global Resources presented the award saying “This is a special year for Source and Libbey as we celebrate 10 years of working together to establish the best supply chain in the industry. During this time, our business has expanded three fold and we now serve the entire world. It’s with pride that Libbey honors Source International with our DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD in recognition of their efforts.”
The award ceremony capped off an exciting year of achievements for both companies and was followed by an evening of great food and entertainment at the Weston Hotel in Xiamen, China where Source International held its 19th annual banquet in the Grand Ballroom to welcome in the Year of The Dog. The Libbey DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD is an incredibly beautiful and artfully hand crafted glass sculpture by a noted Texas artist and will be proudly displayed in the offices of Source International for all to see!
Libbey honors Source and the Source-Libbey Team for its ability to meet the challenging demands of Libbey in a constantly changing global environment as well as being able to cater to their requirements in quality, cost, lead time, on time delivery and overall supply management.
To kick off the evening, Jeff Carey, VP Operations and Bob Su, General Manager Asia welcomed all the suppliers, customers, family members and honored guests to the event in their opening remarks.
Following the welcome address and opening remarks, the Westin Xiamen served up a fantastic 10 course meal and the evening’s entertainment consisted of original performances conceived and choreographed by the Source staff. As the evening unfolded, the many talents of the Source associates became evident as everyone enjoyed the fabulous food, fun, and companionship. The event family fun event was attended by over 200 people including 30 children of Source associates. Supplier awards, a traditional lucky draw, and games added to the fun and videos from key customers including an inspiring video from William Foley, CEO of Libbey were greatly appreciated.
All the Source International family gathered for a group photo at the end of the evening.
Libbey (LBY) was established in 1818 and has grown to be the No. 1 glassware company in the Americas and one of the largest tableware suppliers in the world with annual sales in excess of $782 million. In addition to its namesake brand, Libbey’s global brand portfolio also includes: Crisa & Royal Leerdam.
Already a perennial leader in glass tableware, Libbey is setting a new tabletop industry standard for stability, strength and opportunity.
- With more than 1 billion glasses sold annually, Libbey is the No. 1 glass tableware company in Americas and ranks No. 2 globally.
- Libbey’s legacy of innovation and industry leadership goes all the way back to the New England Glass Company and is highlighted by the revolutionary impact of Edward Drummond Libbey and his business partner Michael Owens, the inventor of modern glassmaking
- Libbey operates manufacturing plants in five countries – the U.S., Mexico, China, Portugal and the Netherlands – with sales in over 100 countries and is building on strengths while looking for new strategic opportunities and investments like the proprietary OPTIMELT technology.
- Libbey is committed to going beyond glassware by developing innovative new tableware products that inspire life’s moments when people come together to eat, drink and celebrate by creating some of the most significant and on-trend tabletop and entertainment introductions anywhere in the world. Check out the testimonials of Libbey employees around the world.
- Follow Libbey on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Linked-In and check out Libbey’s innovative tabletop creations and design solutions.
ABOUT SOURCE INTERNATIONAL
Source International has proudly served Libbey since 2008 managing the supply of its extensive line of high-quality tableware and home decor items produced in Asia. The fact that Libbey honors Source International with its Distinguished Service award gives us renewed energy and excitement to take offshore supply chain management to new levels! Contact us today for more information.